1. Contains an ideal fatty acid composition. Science time. Oily skin peeps usually have a fatty acid imbalance. Cannabis oil is super high in linoleic acid, which is a fatty acid your skin needs. A decrease in this particular fatty acid leads to thick and viscous sebum which clogs pores. Cannabis oil contains between 50-70% linoleic acid (that’s pretty high!), making this ideal for oily skin and acneic skin, helping rebalance the skin’s sebum production by producing thinner sebum. This means that your skin has regulated sebum levels, leaving you with clear, balanced and happier skin.
2. Non-Comedogenic. A fancy word for saying, it won’t clog your pores. In fact, Cannabis oil has a rating of 0 on the comedogenic scale, with 5 being the highest.
3. Reduces skin inflammation. The hero here is gamma-linolenic acid, which is an anti-inflammatory agent. For those who know the pain of acne, this means less soreness around infected areas.
4. Ultra moisturising. Cannabis oil locks moisture and draws moisture into your skin, all at the same time! The result is a healthy and glowing complexion, thanks to high moisture retention, not oil retention (phew!).
5. Antioxidant alphabet. Cannabis oil contains natural antioxidant protection, boasting high counts of antioxidants A, C, E and F! It’s also the only plant containing Vitamin D. Impressive.